Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Horror

This blog is entirely suited to my taste of literature, which means that I usually don't cater at all to those teens who love horror books. Having been given a rather overactive imagination, I tend to steer away from the genre. But, I've decided to make a few suggestions based on what I have read.  To be frank, anything that  is on the list below is there for the sole reason that it gave me trouble sleeping when I accidentally read them (and it is entirely all too possible to accidentally read horror... I know form, personal experience).
1. Gone by Michael Grant (series)
2. Jade Green  by Phyllis Reynolds (It sounds like a it isn't scary based on the title but it is actually a very frightening ghost story)
 3. Deep, Dark, and Dangerous by May Downing Hahn (Don't ask how I accidentally read that one. I was a sixth grader with my head in the clouds when it happened. I somehow convinced myself that it wouldn't be scary. I also may have thought it was a story with magic. It isn't, unless  you count the very disturbing, angry ghost of a drowned girl as being magical.)
Again, these are not on here because I enjoyed them. They terrified me. But then again, I don't do horror, but I think that anyone who likes the genre should enjoy these. Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment